Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Multiple URL hyperlinks in 1 field

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if you have encountered a way to put multiple hyperlink URLs into a single field?

When I use this format: within the expression (and change the "Representation" option to URL), it works fine if it only has 1 value:

SiteName<URL>http://www.mysite.com

if I use "Concat" function to put them into "AllURL" field, it appears like this, and it seems the link only work for the last value (in this case -msn).

URLTest.PNG.png

I appreciate any input/direction.

Cheers,

Anton

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You're trying to open several tabs in a browser at once?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vlad,

Not really, what I'm thinking is to allow a user to pick any attachment to open created on the same day. Instead of having to create 1 field per attachment, I prefer to concat all the attachments into a single field. (Note: Though, this is not hard requirement, just a preference.)

For example, if I have 3 attachment files created on the same date, I would like to have a chart with the date as dimension, and 1 field containing the list of "clickable" links (instead of having to copy and paste the actual folder).

I try to avoid having created 3 fields to represent 1 attachment per field because there's no restriction from the actual app on how many attachments can be created  for a single date.

If the above may not be easily achieved, would you mind sharing how to build what you've suggested, which having the user to click once, and open multiple tabs ? I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Anton

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

How about just doing it as a pivot table? In your example about, Msft would have 2 sub-rows.

Vlad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the idea.  I forgot to mention , if I got this working, I will need to associate it with an existing straight chart.

So, yes, it will work using the Pivot if I only have 1 Date Dimension & the hyperlink fields; but unfortunately, it won't work if I were to incorporate this into the other chart.

The alternative I can think of is just to concatenate the location of all the attachment using comma separated (so no hyperlink embedded), and user just need to copy/paste them.

Best regards,

Anton

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Yeah, or rely on some sort of outside solution that can present a single web address for multiple files (like Sharepoint, I believe)...sorry, don't have any other ideas, unfortunately.

Vlad

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator
Author

No worries, I appreciate your suggestion. I'll try to propose your idea of having a separate pivot chart for the attachments, in addition to the existing straight chart they're currently have. Thanks again,

Have a great weekend!

Anton