Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_westbrook
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple condition color expression

I'm trying to place two conditions on a color. I'm using the below expression for red, amber, green but I want to write something along the lines of IF (SUM([Current]-[Original]) < 1 and [DISCUSSION FLAG] = 'X', GREEN().

How do I write 2 conditions for a color based off of 2 data points?

IF (SUM([Current]-[Original]) < 1, GREEN(),

IF ([AT RISK] = 'X', YELLOW()

,RED()))

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Have you tried this already?

If(Sum([Current] - [Original]) < 1 and [DISCUSSION FLAG] = 'X', Green(), If([AT RISK] = 'X', Yellow(), Red()))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you tried this already?

If(Sum([Current] - [Original]) < 1 and [DISCUSSION FLAG] = 'X', Green(), If([AT RISK] = 'X', Yellow(), Red()))

james_westbrook
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Sunny. I tried it again and it worked. I must have fat fingered it the first time.

If(Sum([Current] - [Original]) < 1 and [DISCUSSION FLAG] = 'X', RGB(150,255,150),

If(Sum([Current] - [Original]) < 1 and [DISCUSSION FLAG]  <>'X', Green(),

If(Sum([Current] - [Original]) > 1 and [DISCUSSION FLAG]  = 'X', RGB(255,150,150),

If([AT RISK] = 'X', Yellow()

, Red()))))

JohnDataAnalyst
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sunny,

I have a similar problems with which I hope you can help.

First problem: I have the field [Pest Qty] which I want to assign three colors to. Any value below 2 should be green, any value between 2 and 5 should be yellow and anything above 5 should be red.

Second problem: I have to assign the above colors to the dimension [PDDD] and within that dimension I would only like to apply that to 'BI' as a subsection of [PDDD].

Third problem: I have multiple subsections of [PDDD], e.g 'BI' 'MEALYBUG' 'FRUIT FLY' with different ranges  for each.

Thanks,

JohnDataAnalyst
Contributor II
Contributor II

I tried the following:

If(Sum([Pest Qty?])<=2 and PDDD='BI',Green()
If(Sum([Pest Qty?])>2 and PDDD='BI', Yellow()
If(Sum([Pest Qty?])>5 and PDDD='BI', Red())))

but to no avail.