Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple dimensions in bar chart

Hi all,

I have a bar chart with dimensions conditionally changing based on the filter selections. I have used calculated dimension option to do this.

I got the expected result in my chart, but when I click on a bar in bar chart it shows "No data to display".

How can I solve this guys, please help. Attached my sample qvw.

Thanks,

Siva.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
16 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try the attached

Or
MVP
MVP

When you click on the chart, you're effectively changing the selections your chart is based on. This in turn makes your calculated dimension invalid, as you've the if() statements in a way that doesn't accept multiple selections.

You could take one of three approaches:

* Disable in-chart selections (Under General, tick the "Read Only" box)

* Re-write your chart to use multiple dimensions with conditions to hide the ones that are not desirable based on the selections.

* Set your list boxes to "Always one selected", which will prevent the multi-selection override when clicking in the chart.

Given that you haven't explained what behavior you expect when the chart is clicked, I'm not sure if this is helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny. I've tried this but I also want to sort the dimensions by expression wise. In this case, I can't achieve this.

sunny_talwar

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

Kushal_Chawda

je baat

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attached QVW. Please have a look at sort tab in this bar chart, I wanted to show this as waterfall bar chart. In this case, the solution that you provided is not useful.

Please suggest some other way if any?

sunny_talwar

Are you talking about the bar offset or sorting problem? Sorting seems right to me... no?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Actually I want this bar chart(attached in qvw). I've got this, but in this chart I couldn't make a single or multiple bar selection(shows "No data to display").

sunny_talwar

I get that, but with the alternate solution you were able to select, right? What is the problem with using what I provided you?