Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Sept. 16, Qlik Product Portfolio Strategy and Roadmap for Data Integration 11 AM ET REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple field search

I have 2 fields which could contain an Account Name.  I want to look in the 2 fields and pull all data from the fields containing the name.  The Account name could be spelled differently in each.  I do not want the user to have to do a global search and then select all matching values

Example:

AccountName =Design Studio

ProjectName =  DesignStudio

I created an input box for the user to enter the name(s) and store into a variable.  I created 2 list boxes, one for AccountName and one for ProjectName.  I had to use Alternate state on each.  I set a trigger on the variable from the input box to select the matching values in the 2 list boxes.   I now want to take the values in each box and apply to my chart.  How do I get this to work?

4 Replies
MarcoWedel

Maybe a search box restricted to search only in your Account- and ProjectName fields could be a solution.

You could also change the search mode to match your requirements.

hope this helps

regards

Marco

prieper
Master II
Master II

You may also concatenate both fields and display in a listbox (with seach-functionality).

HTH Peter

Not applicable
Author

I have tried the  concatenated listbox but cannot get the "Input box" value to select the possible values. 

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe like this:

QlikCommunity_Thread_145276_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_145276_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_145276_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_145276_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_145276_Pic5.JPG

=ValueList($(=chr(39)&GetFieldSelections(AccountName,chr(39)&','&chr(39))&chr(39)),$(=chr(39)&GetFieldSelections(ProjectName,chr(39)&','&chr(39))&chr(39)))

hope this helps

regards

Marco