Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple field search

I have 2 fields which could contain an Account Name.  I want to look in the 2 fields and pull all data from the fields containing the name.  The Account name could be spelled differently in each.  I do not want the user to have to do a global search and then select all matching values

Example:

AccountName =Design Studio

ProjectName =  DesignStudio

I created an input box for the user to enter the name(s) and store into a variable.  I created 2 list boxes, one for AccountName and one for ProjectName.  I had to use Alternate state on each.  I set a trigger on the variable from the input box to select the matching values in the 2 list boxes.   I now want to take the values in each box and apply to my chart.  How do I get this to work?

4 Replies
MarcoWedel

Maybe a search box restricted to search only in your Account- and ProjectName fields could be a solution.

You could also change the search mode to match your requirements.

hope this helps

regards

Marco

prieper
Master II
Master II

You may also concatenate both fields and display in a listbox (with seach-functionality).

HTH Peter

Not applicable
Author

I have tried the  concatenated listbox but cannot get the "Input box" value to select the possible values. 

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe like this:

QlikCommunity_Thread_145276_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_145276_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_145276_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_145276_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_145276_Pic5.JPG

=ValueList($(=chr(39)&GetFieldSelections(AccountName,chr(39)&','&chr(39))&chr(39)),$(=chr(39)&GetFieldSelections(ProjectName,chr(39)&','&chr(39))&chr(39)))

hope this helps

regards

Marco