Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple header rows in latest version

Hi everyone,

Is it still not possible to add a stright row to a table header in the latest version of QlkView? I want to have 2 rows in the table header.

I know there are some work-arounds using Pivot table, but I am using a sright table with more than 25 columns. Please advise , thanks in advance!!

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you mean you have an extra header row in a table file that you are loading via script?  Or that you have a table in your data model, presenting it with a Straight Table chart, and want multiple header rows?  If you will clarify a bit, I will try to help.

Not applicable
Author

Am talking about adding an extra "header row" to a straight table chart object in QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Well, of couse you can choose to wrap the Header row text as much as needed on the Presentation tab in the Multiline Settings.  Will that not work for your application?

Not applicable
Author

No it won't. I need to have a header with the foillowing format.

Test Header1                   Test Header2
Column1Column2 Column3Column4Column5

So therecis no way to do this in QlikView? This is a pretty common requirement.

Not applicable
Author

I see what you mean.  Indeed I think a Pivot table is the only solution there.  Given you have 25 columns, no doubt the table scrolls horizontally so faking it with text boxes above is not an option.

marcus_sommer

perhaps this will be helpful - is in german, but see the qvw

http://community.qlik.com/message/298815#298815

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Anybody has a solution now days for this? I need to do the same.

marcus_sommer

There aren't real solutions only workarounds like within the attachment with pseudo-dimensions and/or as alternatively with several overlapping objects - then an object in qlikview is always linked to the datamodel and you need to extend these datamodel (needs complex dimensions/expressions) or you need to embed the object in a "painted" environment.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In a PivotTable upload your data.

exemplo1.JPG

Click Category, and then drag until the blue arrow on the column expression

exemplo2.jpg

will look like

exemplo3.JPG

Click on item and drag down Category until the blue arrow as shown below

exemplo4.jpg