Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple reduction fields, access denied to this Qlikview document

I have a qlikview template which uses multiple reduction fields.

Some users do not have access to all data and therefore I use some reduction fields to prevent users to see all the data.

In the normal setup the reduction fields are working correctly. In an addapted version it is not working anymore as expected (i.e. I want to add some decoding of the passwords when loaded from the excel file)

I have added 2 examples qvw files (Security_OK, Security_WRONG)

In both example I use the same data: I have 2 reduction fields REGION and DEPARTMENT only the user access table is generate differently.

See here example of the users defined in the excel file which includes the access of the template

USERID PASSWORD ACCESS DEPARTMENT  REGION

USER1  USER1    USER   TOOLS       *

USER1  USER1    USER   INSTRUMENTS *

USER1  USER1    USER   APPLICATION *

USER1  USER1    USER   *           NL

USER1  USER1    USER   *           USA

USER1  USER1    USER   *           UK

USER1  USER1    USER   *           TW

USER2  USER2    USER   *           NL

USER3  USER3    USER   TOOLS       NL

USER4  USER4    USER   INSTRUMENTS *

What I expect is when I open the document with user 2, he will see all departments and only Region 'NL'.

In 'Security_OK' the reductions fields are working correctly. When I open the version 'Security_WRONG' I got the error 'access denied to this Qlikview document'.

USER3 is working correctly in both versions. The difference here is that both fields are defined.

Who could explain me why these 2 version of scripts behave differntly.

And how could i solve this as I want to be able to descrable the password loaded from the excel file using a function (not included in the current script)

Login as ADMIN (pw ADMIN) to be able to edit/open the script.

0 Replies