Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple values in popup labels

Hi,

How can I limit the number of displayed values ​​in popup labels? I created a continuous line chat with over 100,000 values on the X axis. I turned off "Pop-up Labels" in "Presentation" tab and also created an expression for the information displayed, but still fail to limit the list to a single value. I tried to use min or max but did not work.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can try left() function.

Rebeca

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Left() function helps me to limit the number of decimal places, but not the number of rows in pop-up label. It is true that reducing the number of decimal places is reducing and the number of rows displayed, but it is still greater than 1.

My goal is to display a single row in pop-ups. Instead of Left() function I used Num()

= 'Sellers: ' & Num((PR_Rank / vCountSellers) ,'#.##0,0%')

PopupLabel2.png

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Could you post your exact expression?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks like it is the nature of continuous combined with pop-up labels.

Not applicable
Author

This is a little trick that might help you.

Untick pop-up labels in expressions for the expression you already have. Create a new expression in the charts expression tab with the text and expression you like, example =’The text’&sum([The number])

For the same expression you deselect line/bar/symbol as display option but instead select text as pop-up.

You basically create a separe expression that is not shown as a line/bar/symbol, but only as a pop-up.

Hope its helpful.

Not applicable
Author

Slick trick!!  I wish I knew this long before.  Is that the only way to format the Pop-Up Tool Tip?