Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haymarketpaul
Creator III
Creator III

Mutliple Dates linked to single calendar

Hi All

I have a number of tables related to email meta data such as bounces, clicks, reads each of which have a date within them.

I have tried to concatenated these dates to form a calendar link table based on other posts i've read.

The problem is my diagram now shows several loosely coupled tables to the link table and i am not sure why?

If anyone has any ideas to point me in the right direction i would be very greatful.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Paul,

you get loosely coupled tables, because you got circular references (e.g.  a 'Link - message bounce - message read - Link' path) with which QV isn't able to live along.

After having only a short look, I think this might work:

Add MessageKey to your Link table and remove MessageKey from the 5 small message_XXXX tables, thus getting the Link inbetween the message status report table and the 5 tables (plus the calendar table).

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Paul,

you get loosely coupled tables, because you got circular references (e.g.  a 'Link - message bounce - message read - Link' path) with which QV isn't able to live along.

After having only a short look, I think this might work:

Add MessageKey to your Link table and remove MessageKey from the 5 small message_XXXX tables, thus getting the Link inbetween the message status report table and the 5 tables (plus the calendar table).

Regards,

Stefan