Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

My Chart wont split the data by country correctly until you click on the country?

Hi there,

I am hoping some one can help me with a chart splitting issue I am having.

I have created a chart, based on time calculations, where I am simply taking the sum of the end date & time away from the sum of the start date and time.

I do this for 3 different tiers, so the chart splits and is stacked by the 3 tier calculations and then the dimension splits it by each country.

So my calculation for each Tier is as follows; (Substituting the Tier 1 for Tier 2 and Tier 3 etc.

sum({<AT_Tier={'Tier 1'}>}ActivityEndDate) - Sum({<AT_Tier={'Tier 1'}>}ActivityStartDate

/

(sum({<AT_Tier={'Tier 1'}>}ActivityEndDate) + Sum({<AT_Tier={'Tier 2'}>}ActivityEndDate) + sum({<AT_Tier={'Tier 3'}>}ActivityEndDate) )
-
(
Sum({<AT_Tier={'Tier 1'}>}ActivityStartDate) + Sum({<AT_Tier={'Tier 2'}>}ActivityStartDate) + Sum({<AT_Tier={'Tier 3'}>}ActivityStartDate))

So the logic is that I sum the amount of time spent in Tier 1 / the amount of time spent in all 3 Tiers. (The reason I need to define the 3 tiers in the 'All' calculation, is because we have some strange data in there outside of the 3 tiers that I don't want to include) Then I make this a % using the number settings in the chart. This then shows me the % of time spent by each country in each Tier as a stacked bar.

The Problem:

When I do this the chart levels all of the country's to the same value, and dose not give me the correct % breakdown by tier until you click into that individual country. Some of these countries don't even have data, but yet they all display as having the same % Value. See example chart below:

When you click on the country it then splits correctly. See example below:

Is there a way to make the correct values display from the beginning, so that I can show all of the countries (with data) splitting correctly side by side?

For example France should display as see above, and then UK&Ireland would have a different mix of % in Tiers, unlike in the first example chart where each country displays the exact same?

I would really appreciate any help anyone could give me with this as it is the last thing to fix before this app goes live and I have tried everything with no success.

Thanks

0 Replies