cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robinsond31
Contributor
Contributor

My selection in a list box is cleared after refresh

I have a selection for current month in a list box. I save the file. When I refresh the file, the selection is lost. This happens if I refresh manually, or if the update services refreshes the file. We have recently updated our version to April 2020 SR1, 12.50.20400.0.

2 Replies
nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II

I'm a little confused.  So do you save the app with the current month selected?  What happens in the next month?

The way I handle this is by having actions for both "OnOpen" as well as "OnPostReload" to select the field as shown below.  I'm running Qlikview April 2020 as well and this is working without issue for me.

nsm1234567_0-1621373330004.png

robinsond31
Contributor
Contributor
Author

My application is for Accounting and Financial Reporting. Most of the charts and reports are based on the current accounting period. Once the books are closed and month-end reports have gone out, we move the period to the next month. That is usually 1 week to 10 days after the end of the month. Also, we are on a 4-4-5 calendar, so this is not easy to determine beforehand by some formula. I manually adjust the period when we are ready. I tried setting triggers like you suggested, and that is not working. I even tried to hard code a trigger, but that didn't work.