Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toxteth_OGrady
Contributor
Contributor

NPV calculation with irregular (Step) payments

I am successfully using the NPV function for leases with flat payment structures (meaning for example 36 payments of $1,000).  However, some leases have irregular payments which increase/decrease or have balloon payments at the start or the end, and it is not clear how the NPV can be calculated for them.  The input data is based on the start and end of a particular payment level, so if year 1 is $1,000, year 2 is $2,000 and year 3 is $3,000 a monthly payment plan would be specified as so:-

Begin             End                Rent AMT

1                       12                     1000

13                    24                      2000

25                   36                       3000

Does anyone have a methodology for calculating NVP on such a payment structure?

Many thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Check out the following Help link, think this may be what you need in this case:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Finan...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.