Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Named User Cals

Hi All,

I have a Server that has 2 Named User Cals.

I have added 3 user to the Qlikview Administrators group and I have ticked the box to allow dynamic user cals

But when I try adding the 3rd user as a Named User it fails, can I only have 2 assigned Named Users at any one time?

And how does it work if I remove a current Named User to allow a new User?

It's not very intuitive

Any help is appreciated

Regards

Alan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Alan,

2 Named User CALs mean that only two accounts from your AD will be allowed to open documents in QlikView Access Point. Note that CALs are not required to manage QlikView by means of the QlikView Management Console.

Think of them as slots: one CAL means one slot. If you have more users than CALs, then you will need to ask for more CALs (there are four of them with some differences between them: Named, Session, Usage and Document).

If you unassign a CAL from a user, the CAL is put on a 24 hour quarantine period until you can assign it again to another user.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Can I assign a Named User for less than 24 hours?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Alan,

2 Named User CALs mean that only two accounts from your AD will be allowed to open documents in QlikView Access Point. Note that CALs are not required to manage QlikView by means of the QlikView Management Console.

Think of them as slots: one CAL means one slot. If you have more users than CALs, then you will need to ask for more CALs (there are four of them with some differences between them: Named, Session, Usage and Document).

If you unassign a CAL from a user, the CAL is put on a 24 hour quarantine period until you can assign it again to another user.

Miguel

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Technically speaking you can, but that does not make sense, since you have the mandatory quarantine period of 24 hours until you can assign it again to another user. If your users do not stay long with QlikView, then you may need a different type of CAL, like Usage (one hour, one user) or Session (as long as you need, one user, many documents).

Miguel

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Miguel for clearing that up