Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice on Application Strategy

Here's the scenario the user described to me:

Each day she needs to look at all open orders and review them for problems, like an ordered scheduled to ship from a warehouse other than one it should or orders that are overweight for the shipping method designated. She needs to be able to "mark" those that she's reviewed so that she doesn't see them the next time the app reloads (next morning). This way she doesn't need to sort through a bunch of orders she's already reviewed just to get to the new ones, unless the order has changed since she reviewed it. In that case, she does need to see that order again so that she can review it again. Clear as mud?

Since we can't write data from QlikView, I'm thinking some sort of daily QVD creation and comparison to the previous day's QVD might be the way to go. But I'm not sure. So, anyone have any ideas how to tackle this?

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Dynamic update and writing data into qvd from your application may be some solution. Look here:

Is it possible to write a variable value back to a record in a table?

You will find some example how to store data to external file from your application.

Having exported rows which was reviewed you may prepare delta in your load script.

regards

Darek