Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Need all columns from calculated dimension

I did posted a question on this few days back and I got few responses.But none of them are working the way I want it. So I thought let me post it once gain to see if some one can resolve this.

I have a pivot chart with calculated dimension. The calculated dimension creates three columns like Low, Medium and High. If I have the data for all the three columns then everything is fine, But if I have values for only one column then it doesn't display the other two columns with zeros.

Tried below:

"Show All Values" option is greyed out because it is Calculated dimension, so this will not work.

un checking "Suppress Zero Values" will not work.

I think there should be some easy way to do this but I am not able to find it. Can some one please let me know if this can be done in Qlikview?

I am attaching the sample Qlikview dashboard and the output that is required.

Thanks

20 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Got It and I think i missed that one and now it shows only three columns.

What is happening is it is showing all the records even though I selected one Num_Id. Please see the attached screen shot.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

So you want to see High Medium Low, but for the selected Num_ID?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Yes, Sometime we  want to see by Num_ID, by Place, by Place_code etc. Will this be an issue ?

sunny_talwar

What would you see if you make a selection in Num_ID, Place, Place_code? Rows get removed, but High, Low, Medium stay intact? I am going to give it a try, but no promises

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks for the follow up...

Yes, All the headers has to stay including Low, Medium and High. Attached is a .jpg file showing how it is going to look when you selected Num_Id. I edited the screen shot in the paint program and hope this gives an idea,

Thanks.

sunny_talwar

I am not seeing Low and Medium in the screenshot when 100001 is selected, is that what you want? I am getting a little confused now. Do you want to see High, Medium, Low when you select 100001 is selected or just High? and in your screenshot you have Detail_descr also selected. How does that affect your display?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Sorry for the confusion...I was not able to display the Low and Medium..

Yes, I want to see Low, Medium and High columns when I select 100001.

You no need to worry about the 'Detail_descr'  filter because when you select 100001 it will select it automatically. As i said later on I will add more filter boxes like Place_Code, Place_Details,Place etc.. and I should be able to select any one of the filters.

Hope this is clear..

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Here is the updated .jpg file. Hope this makes sense now.

sunny_talwar

It makes sense, but unfortunately, I don't think this would be possible. I am trying to see if it would be, but I doubt.

sunny_talwar

Not able to do it , sorry