Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
musketeers
Creator
Creator

Need help in set analysis for group sum

Hi All,

I need to create a Bar chart based on the following conditions:

Dimention: Year+ Quarter  (Example: 2012Q1, 2012Q2). I have a field which contain this data.

Expression: I need to show the sum of yearly units for given products, of selected country. Like if user has selected US as a country, I need to display SUM of yearly units of all products listed under country US. I have done this. But in some cases, we have two types of sub products for some products. In that case we have to choose only one sub product and then have to display sum of yearly units. Example

countrybase_prodProductFY_QTRUNITS_1UNITS_YR
AUSTRIAALV4715Nestle_Ind2011Q21014940596
AUSTRIAALV3415Nestle_Ind2011Q26102440
AUSTRIAALV4715Nestle_Ind2011Q21024940346
AUSTRIAALV3415Nestle_Ind2011Q278102140
AUSTRIAALV4715Nestle_Ind2011Q2221492596
AUSTRIAALV3415Nestle_Ind2011Q28102540

Here in above table, If user has selected AUSTRIA as a country, then for FY_Qtr = 2011Q2, for Product Nestle_Ind, I have to display sum of UNITS_YR. But here  we have two base product for Product Nestle_Ind. I need to consider only one, either ALV4715 or ALV3415. Now to choose one I have to group by base product and take the sum of field UNITS_1 and then have to take the highest sum. that highest sum will decide the base product we have to take. If Units_1 sum for ALV4715 is highest we have to take ALV4715 other wise ALV3415.

I want to know how can i write set analysis to select onle base_prod based on the above business logic.

Please help me in this issue.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Musketeers,

Using the below expression only the base product with highest value will be displayed

=max(aggr(Sum(UNITS_YR),country,FY_QTR,Product,base_prod))

Using the below expression the name of the base product will be displayed in the cahrt

=FirstSortedValue(base_prod, -aggr(Sum(UNITS_1),country,FY_QTR,base_prod))

I think adding Product also as Dimension will give a good chart.

Shivaji..

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Musketeers,

Using the below expression only the base product with highest value will be displayed

=max(aggr(Sum(UNITS_YR),country,FY_QTR,Product,base_prod))

Using the below expression the name of the base product will be displayed in the cahrt

=FirstSortedValue(base_prod, -aggr(Sum(UNITS_1),country,FY_QTR,base_prod))

I think adding Product also as Dimension will give a good chart.

Shivaji..

musketeers
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Shivaji,

thanks for ur answer. it worked for me. thanks for ur support.......