Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help with -- Garbage after expression

Hi,

Can anyone, please, provide feedback about the cause of the error message, "Error: Garbage after expression...". The message appears in the text object placed on dashboard. I have attached the document for visual presentation of the issue.

6 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What's vMispolled?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried enclosing your variable values you want to concatenate in single quotes:

='$(vMispolled)' &' of ' & '$(vTotalStores)' & ' Stores, ' & num(($(vTotalStores)-$(vMispolled))/$(vTotalStores)*-1,'##0.00 %')

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

I have tried every way possible.

Just for the record - $(vMispolled) is a declared variable. If I just use one of the declared variable that will just provide a '-' (hyphen). Using the complete expression throws the expression error.

Colin-Albert

Can you check the value of each variable and test your expression with hard coded numbers.

Not applicable
Author

I tried with the text formula in your word file and given numeric data both variables, shows information OK. I do NOT get the garbage after collection. Can you please post a screenshot of the VALUES for both variables?

You may want to try it this way (I tried it both ways and gave the same result, but just in case) --> ='$(vMispolled) of $(vTotalStores) Stores, ' & num($(vMispolled)-$(vMispolled)/$(vTotalStores)*-1,'##0.00 %')

By the way, I beleive you have your formula wrong. If you need to show how many Mispolled over TotalStores, your formula should be:

$(vTotalStores) - $(vMispolled)/$(vTotalStores)

Hope this helps!

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben,

I have tried that, but, still receiving the error. I will follow up after I try Collin's suggestions.

Thank you