Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with sheet size

Hello community,  I have the next question...

if there a way to lock the size of the sheet becouse I have this dashboard

DASHBOARD.png

that fit perfect, but when i move the slice in the bottom luck like this..

DASHBOARD2.png

with that blank space, is there a way to make only the Gray square the Size of the page?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Jonathan has a good point.

A QlikView sheet is a virtual area of "unlimited" size (not really, but I just put an object at pixel position 65535,65535 which means that the usable sheet size is probably so extremely large as to be impractical) and there is no way to limit that sheet area to a smaller size.

What will help though is the suggestion that Jonathan made (i.e. color all of the sheet background instead of just a view area) in addition to locking all objects within a predefined sheet area (disable Move/Size in Properties->Layout) so that you won't get scroll bars on the screens with the most common pixel count.

As soon as any object - visible or invisible - moves any of its extremities ouside of the viewport, you will get scroll bars. This is often a good indication of old discarded objects that are still wandering around on your sheets.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

you can reduce the size  view tab zoom

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Why don't you set the document background to the shade of gray and do away with the gray background text box?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Jonathan has a good point.

A QlikView sheet is a virtual area of "unlimited" size (not really, but I just put an object at pixel position 65535,65535 which means that the usable sheet size is probably so extremely large as to be impractical) and there is no way to limit that sheet area to a smaller size.

What will help though is the suggestion that Jonathan made (i.e. color all of the sheet background instead of just a view area) in addition to locking all objects within a predefined sheet area (disable Move/Size in Properties->Layout) so that you won't get scroll bars on the screens with the most common pixel count.

As soon as any object - visible or invisible - moves any of its extremities ouside of the viewport, you will get scroll bars. This is often a good indication of old discarded objects that are still wandering around on your sheets.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks that solve all my questions