Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need some document regarding QlikView OCX

Hi All,

I am working on deploying the qlikview document using qlikview component called QlikView OCX. But I am getting find enough document other than the tutorial which is available in with the installation folder. I am not able to find much forum regarding the same also.

So will be thankful to you if you can provide some more document other than the tutorial, which will be helpful for me to deploy the application.

Looking forward for some reply from qlikview team as they will be in a position to send the required files.

Also my doubt is why there are not resources available for this? Is it that very people are using this? Please do let me know.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab

The API Guide has an OCX API tab listing the members and you can search for examples. Haven't used it so far so I do not know whether it will help you.

MichaelRobertshaw
Former Employee
Former Employee

So... are you planning a Web Deployment using the QlikView Plugin (basically the same as the full OCX client), or are you planning to build your own client interface using the OCX control directly? If the latter then you ought to consider using QlikView Workbench (not expensive) as that will simplify the integration and development effort required using Visual Studio.

Fundamentally though, what is your Business Requirement, Constraints, and why are you considering the OCX for deployment?

Not applicable
Author

mrw wrote:
So... are you planning a Web Deployment using the QlikView Plugin (basically the same as the full OCX client), or are you planning to build your own client interface using the OCX control directly? If the latter then you ought to consider using QlikView Workbench (not expensive) as that will simplify the integration and development effort required using Visual Studio.
Fundamentally though, what is your Business Requirement, Constraints, and why are you considering the OCX for deployment?<div></div>

It's not web deployment. It is going to be deploying in windows application.

We are going to add the OCX component in to our windows application. So that qlikview document can be opened inside the windows application.

I will tell you my requirement:

We have our own windows application in which we want to put the developed qlikview document in to that. Right now we managed to put the document inside the developed application. Now wants to know how it can deployed it to the end users where there is no licenses.

Hope I have answered you question. If not let me know.