Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need some technique to pad missing data in pivot table

The table is intended for export to excel and needs to be in a specified format - the field names are arbitrary in my example.  The goal is to have the table display as below.

CUSTOMER             QUESTION         PREFERENCE                    CURRENT MONTHYEAR ANSWER

Customer X               Question 1          First Choice                         6

Second Choice                    3

Third Choice                        0

Question 2         First Choice                         3

Second Choice                    0

Third Choice                        2

Customer Y               Question 1          First Choice                         1

Etc.

However if there is no data for either Question N or First, Second Or Third Choice in the database I need the pivot table to retain the above structure but display a 0 for the final column value.  I understand I will need to pad the data but don't know the way to do this.

Without padding the missing data just gets dropped from the pivot table meaning the structure is incorrect when exported.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Go to Chart Properties > Presentation > uncheck the box next to 'Suppress Zero-Values'

Not applicable
Author

I tried this but it doesn't work - the issue is that the data is missing, not that it is zero value.  As soon as you reload the data the pivot table drops all the rows where there is no data. I also tried the missing symbol but this is against the whole pivot table not against a specific field, so again this doesn't work for me.

Not applicable
Author

Did you try checking the box 'Show All Values' on Dimensions.  If that doesn't work, I would need to see the data structure.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I don't know how to attachfiles - here's the excel data

This Months DATA:

CUSTOMER QUESTIONPREFERENCEANSWER
FREDASALT2
FREDAPEPPER3
FREDAWATER4
FREDBSALT6
FREDBPEPPER3
FREDBWATER1
JOEAPEPPER2