Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkatbza
Creator
Creator

Need to show Quarter inside Yearmonth column

Hi Friends,

I want to show Quarter inside year month column, below is the example.

I have a Data like this

Month-Year
Jan-18
Feb-18
Mar-18
Apr-18
May-18
Jun-18
Jul-18
Aug-18
Sep-18
Oct-18
Nov-18
Dec-18
Jan-19
Feb-19
Mar-19
Apr-19
May-19
Jun-19
Jul-19
Aug-19
Sep-19
Oct-19
Nov-19
Dec-19

I need to show output like below, quarter need to show  for every 3 months

Month-Year
Jan-18
Feb-18
Mar-18
Q1-2018
Apr-18
May-18
Jun-18
Q2-2018
Jul-18
Aug-18
Sep-18
Q3-2018
Oct-18
Nov-18
Dec-18
Q4-2018
Jan-19
Feb-19
Mar-19
Q1-2019
Apr-19
May-19
Jun-19
Q2-2019
Jul-19
Aug-19
Sep-19
Q3-2019
Oct-19
Nov-19
Dec-19
Q4-2019

Thanks,

Venkat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

If you want your month year field to work on Quarter selection, you need to create bridge table

MonthYear:
LOAD 
     "Month-Year" ,
     year(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))&num(month(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY')),'00') as MonthNum,
     1 as Flag
FROM [lib://Qlik web]
(html, utf8, embedded labels, table is @1);

Concatenate(MonthYear)
load  'Q' & Ceil (month(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))/3)&'-'&Year(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY')) as "Month-Year",
       Year(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))&num(Ceil(month(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))/3)*3,'00')+0.5  as  MonthNum,
       2 as Flag
Resident MonthYear;

Bridge:
load  'Q' & Ceil (month(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))/3)&'-'&Year(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY')) as "Month-Year",
      "Month-Year" as ActaulMonthYear
Resident MonthYear;

Concatenate(Bridge)
load  "Month-Year",
Resident MonthYear
where Flag=1;

Now you can link ActaulMonthYear field to Data either directly(link to Month-Year field) or via Calendar

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be

LOAD MonthName(Date#([Month-Year], 'MMM-YY')) as [Month-Year] From Table;

Outer Join

LOAD 'Q'& Ceil(Month([Month-Year])/3) & '-' & Year([Month-Year]) as [Month-Year] Resident Sample;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Kushal_Chawda

You can do something like below

Data:
LOAD 
     "Month-Year",
     year(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))&num(month(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY')),'00') as MonthNum

Concatenate(Data)
Year(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))&num(Ceil(month(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))/3)*3,'00')+0.5  as  MonthNum
Resident Data;

Note:

1) When you use Month-Year field anywhere make sure that you sort it by MonthNum field

2) I have used Date# function because Month-Year was in text format while reading the data. If your Month-Year filed is already in Number format , no need to use Date# function

Kushal_Chawda

If you want your month year field to work on Quarter selection, you need to create bridge table

MonthYear:
LOAD 
     "Month-Year" ,
     year(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))&num(month(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY')),'00') as MonthNum,
     1 as Flag

Concatenate(MonthYear)
       Year(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))&num(Ceil(month(date#("Month-Year",'MMM-YY'))/3)*3,'00')+0.5  as  MonthNum,
       2 as Flag
Resident MonthYear;

Bridge:
Resident MonthYear;

Concatenate(Bridge)
load  "Month-Year",
Resident MonthYear
where Flag=1;

Now you can link ActaulMonthYear field to Data either directly(link to Month-Year field) or via Calendar

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Venkat, did either of the posts help you with things?  If so, do not forget to return to the thread and use the Accept as Solution button to mark any posts that did help you solve the use case, as this gives them credit for the help, and it lets the other Community Members know what worked.  If you are still working on things, leave an update post.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.