Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhsharm5
Contributor III
Contributor III

Negotiations timed Out Error

Hi,

One of my users has received the attached error (negotiations timed out) while trying to access a QlikView app hosted in a server through his desktop.

1. The application was running fine for him until recently, and then suddenly this error started

2. All other users are able to open the document from server with no issue

3. The user has desktop QV version 12.10. The server is on November 2018 SR3 (the same desktop/server combination was working fine till last week for him)

Appreciate if someone can throw some light on why suddenly the error might have occurred, and how to resolve it.

Regards,

Bhaskar

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You will need to update the client to the matching server version, we do not recommend running different versions, things are geared to be compatible, but this is really only meant to be in play during an upgrade cycle where you cannot do both pieces concurrently.  Please upgrade the client to match the server version and let us know if that does not resolve the issue.  The 12.10 version has not been supported since November of last year as well, just FYI, so this is another reason to get them off that release to the matching server version.  I believe that should address the issue given the other users are not having any problems.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only other thing it may be given Desktop is being used would be that user has a TCP port 4747 issue between his machine and the server, the port is blocked and the communication cannot get through.  You could have them try adding the ;http parameter to the connection after the server name in the Connect To dialog to see if tunneling the connection will work or not, only possible workaround other than the upgrade of the client.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Connect_to_Serv...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.