Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annabergendal
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

New data lost when reopening QV app

I have a problem with my QV app.

I have updated QVD files with new data, and loading it into the app works fine, the new data is there.

But when saving and closing, and then reopening it, the new data is no longer there. Why?!

The old data is there and the app works fine otherwise.

I don't have section access, and I don't get any notification when opening... What could be wrong? When I reload the app again the data is there, so it's obviously in the QVD files.

Any suggestions what could be wrong is welcome, thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
annabergendal
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the tips, I ended up solving it myself.

I had a trigger enabled "OnOpen" that forced selection of a field, that field did not have any value for the new data. The data was filtered out and that's why I couldn't see it. On reload the trigger was not enabled.

You learn something new everyday

View solution in original post

5 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is all dependent on the logic in the load script. It might be a logical flaw in it so it doesn't include all data from the updated QVW and or consolidating this with the new and updated QVDs. The new QVDs has to be incorporated into some kind of updated history as history QVDs or the history has to be part of the QVWs data model. It is more than one way of implementing this kind of logic. So by giving us more information on how the load script works might be helpful to understand where the problem lies.

sunny_talwar

Just a thought, when you say you don't see the new data, is it in the charts that you don't see it or do you not see it in the table viewer (estimated by the count of observation before and after the reload)? I had a similar issue (not exactly the same), but my problem was the data was in there, but my charts were failing to show a result because the charts were in alternate state. Are you charts somehow in alternate state????

annabergendal
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the tips, I ended up solving it myself.

I had a trigger enabled "OnOpen" that forced selection of a field, that field did not have any value for the new data. The data was filtered out and that's why I couldn't see it. On reload the trigger was not enabled.

You learn something new everyday

sunny_talwar

I agree

I am glad you were able to resolve your issue without much delay.

sunny_talwar

I think since you have resolved the issue, mark your answer as correct and close the thread

Best,

Sunny