Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Support Case Portal has moved to Qlik Community! Read the FAQs to start exploring Support resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to QlikView

Hello, I am new to QlikView, started the training..

I wanted to know that is there any way that i can load data from a file (csv) into a DataBase(oracle) directly rather than loading it into QlickView?

Are text (.txt) files supported while loading data from files?

I apologize if this is not the right place to post the question, your help is highly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ask your Oracle Database Administrator to load your .csv file into an oracle database. Qlikview is not the tool to do that. Qlikview uses its own in-memory database. Qlikview does not store its data in a database managed by a dbms like Oracle or SQL Server.

Text files are supported as a data source for Qlikview.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ask your Oracle Database Administrator to load your .csv file into an oracle database. Qlikview is not the tool to do that. Qlikview uses its own in-memory database. Qlikview does not store its data in a database managed by a dbms like Oracle or SQL Server.

Text files are supported as a data source for Qlikview.

View solution in original post

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Talk to your Database Developer or Administrator to load that CSV file into oracle it is a best way.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

Other question i had was, if i load one file, and i want to see the maximum value for a field in the file i just loaded. What are the steps to do so?

for ex: File i loaded has a field called Amount with the following records (12,32,534,21,546,11). Its maximum value is 546. Any way to show the max value / min value for any field in the table?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could try a variant on this. See attached qvw.