Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to QlikView

Hello, I am new to QlikView, started the training..

I wanted to know that is there any way that i can load data from a file (csv) into a DataBase(oracle) directly rather than loading it into QlickView?

Are text (.txt) files supported while loading data from files?

I apologize if this is not the right place to post the question, your help is highly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ask your Oracle Database Administrator to load your .csv file into an oracle database. Qlikview is not the tool to do that. Qlikview uses its own in-memory database. Qlikview does not store its data in a database managed by a dbms like Oracle or SQL Server.

Text files are supported as a data source for Qlikview.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ask your Oracle Database Administrator to load your .csv file into an oracle database. Qlikview is not the tool to do that. Qlikview uses its own in-memory database. Qlikview does not store its data in a database managed by a dbms like Oracle or SQL Server.

Text files are supported as a data source for Qlikview.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Talk to your Database Developer or Administrator to load that CSV file into oracle it is a best way.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

Other question i had was, if i load one file, and i want to see the maximum value for a field in the file i just loaded. What are the steps to do so?

for ex: File i loaded has a field called Amount with the following records (12,32,534,21,546,11). Its maximum value is 546. Any way to show the max value / min value for any field in the table?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could try a variant on this. See attached qvw.