Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to QlikView

I am new to Qlik View , i want to learn from scratch that how to use Qlik View and how to connect to databases.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
its_anandrjs

Try to post the question on the community then the members will help you for the qlikview related problems. And also if you refer the reference manual is also very best read the reference manual and having any problem post the question on the community then any members will help you.

Thanks

View solution in original post

14 Replies
its_anandrjs

Try to post the question on the community then the members will help you for the qlikview related problems. And also if you refer the reference manual is also very best read the reference manual and having any problem post the question on the community then any members will help you.

Thanks

its_anandrjs

For connect to the data base you have to use connection string weather it will ODBC, PLE DB or third party connection tool from that you can connect qlikview to the databases.

Not applicable
Author

OK thank you

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Which database?

SQL Server...

Go to Edit Script

Select Database OLE DB

Connect

Select Provider >> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server >> Next

Select or Enter Your Server Name

Add UserName and Password

Select Database

Test Connection >> Make Sure Database connection should be successful.

OK

Now Go to Edit Script again

Select (Below Connect)

Now Select Table and Fields....

Not applicable
Author

I have to learn Qlik View from scratch for that the reference manual will be sufficient?? And how to create sample databases??? Are there are any sources??

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Go to Edit Script

Insert >> Test Script...

its_anandrjs

Steps to follow to connect to the databases

1. If it is flat files ,excel files, csv files etc then direct load the table files and use load wizard.

2. If data base in MsAccess, SQL Server, Oracle etc then make ODBC string and then loads table availble in the data base by the connection string

EG:- ODBC CONNECT TO [MS Access Database;DBQ=D:\t1.accdb];

then follwed by the table load statements.

3. If database is third party then use the connector provided by the Qliktech and use that connector to connect the database and then same use the connection string followed by the table load statement.

Regards

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Arul,

this content is copyrighted, as you can see from the statement on page 3:

"All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval

system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior written

permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embedded in

critical articles or reviews."

I assume you don't have the written permission, so please remove the attachment.

Thanks,

Stefan

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Arul, remove this immediately, otherwise your account possibly would be banned....