Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bguiliano
Contributor II
Contributor II

New to Qlikview - Trying to create a straight table from a SQL stored procedure

Hi,

New to Qlikview, I have a stored procedure that populates data in a #temp table.

I have successfully connected to my SQL server and had it successfully run the SP.

However, when i add the straight table, it can populate the column names from the table but no actual data.

How do I get data to show in the straight table?

Thanks,

Brent

Labels (2)
3 Replies
cavetroll
Contributor III
Contributor III

You are running something like this:
```
YourTableName:
SQL EXEC mydb.dbo.mystoredprocedure @ifparam = value;
```

and you are not getting data back, but a schema from the 'YourTableName'? Are you missing parameters or perhaps the data is empty? Did you specify the db to pull the data from? Try running the stored procedure from the server and see if you get anything back. Test your SQL code in sql management studio before pasting it into Qlik marginalize my friend.
-Cavetroll
wandererroch
Contributor III
Contributor III

I've noticed that using ODBC connections rather than OLEDB seem to eliminate problems I've had in the past that were similar to yours.  Not sure that helps but worth a mention.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Brent, hopefully you have things working, but I wanted to give you an additional resource link to an article on how to enable Execute via the Reload Engine or Publisher as well just in case:

Allow Execute

If you are still struggling with things, leave an update for us as well.  If the other guys helped you, do not forget to use the Accept as Solution button to mark any posts that helped you get things resolved, if the issue was something else, consider posting what that was and then you can mark that as the solution too, so others will know what it was and what you did to resolve things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.