Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dusasuman
Creator
Creator

New units

Hi community

I have a requirement like

I need to build a bar chart.

I have a dimension FiscalYear as a dimension it has a data from 2012 to 2015

Nw I want to show the count of new vendors by Year. for example need to show count of new Vendors in 2015 not exists in remaining years 2014,13,12..  For the year 2014 need to show the count of new vendors not falls in its below years 2013,12.. so on... Here Fiscal year is a dimension. Need to show year wise new vendors count achieved.

Can any one help me out..

---Suman

5 Replies
Not applicable

what does your data model look like

dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

the vendor had a sales in 2014 and not had any sales before 2014 (2013,12,11), then he is a new vendor for the year 2014.. so I need to find the new vendors count for each year by comparing zero sales in previous years.

Not applicable

An idea

if yiour data model as a link between vendor, sales, and year, you can look at writing an expression - nested if, to start with current year -4 (2015-4 for 2011, current year - 3 for 2012, etc) and set a flag if they had sales in that year

you want to fall out of your loop once you get to a year that had sales (makes sure you srtrt from the lowest year and work your way up)

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Suman,

Can you attach the sample file to demonstrate your requirement?

dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi..

Here I have attached the Sample requirement file.

I have mentioned the detail requirement in the file itself  for the same refer to the text object where I have mentioned the detail.

Please help me out.

--Suman