Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New user....need QMC help

Hi, I am trying to publish a new QVW in QMC.  It is a slightly different version of a QVW that's already in QMC.  With that original QVW, there are 2 tasks (reload and distribute) associated in it and I would to copy those same tasks to the new QVW.  Since I'm taking this over from someone and wasn't a part of the development of the QMC, could some explain how to add the new QVW in QMC?

Thanks,

Torino

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You need to know the directory where the old QVW is placed. (Initially publishing a document cannot be done without performing a file copy in Windows Explorer. QMC will then take over all management duties) If you have a Publisher, the directory should be a path to the Source Documents, NOT the User Documents. For the exact path to the different published documents, see QMC->System->Setup->QVS->Folders (No Publisher) or QMC->System->Setup->Distriution Services (Publisher).

If this is just a new version that should replace the original QVW, make sure that the names are identical and then copy the new version over the old. In the first sheet of the QMC, locate the Reload task (first in a chain) and press the play button. The QDS will perform a reload of the new version and will automatically trigger the distribution. Nothing else needs to be done (apart from error checking, but that's a different story)

If this is a new version that you want to publish side-by-side with the previous version, make sure the new version has a new different from the old one. Then copy the new version in the same place als the old one.

In QMC->Source Documents (or User Documents if you don't have a Publisher), locate'n'select the new document in the tree on the left and add two tasks (green +-button on the far right) and set all fields on ALL tabs to exactly the same values as the fields for the original document. I don't think that this is what you want, but it's a fairly straightforward task.

Good luck,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You need to know the directory where the old QVW is placed. (Initially publishing a document cannot be done without performing a file copy in Windows Explorer. QMC will then take over all management duties) If you have a Publisher, the directory should be a path to the Source Documents, NOT the User Documents. For the exact path to the different published documents, see QMC->System->Setup->QVS->Folders (No Publisher) or QMC->System->Setup->Distriution Services (Publisher).

If this is just a new version that should replace the original QVW, make sure that the names are identical and then copy the new version over the old. In the first sheet of the QMC, locate the Reload task (first in a chain) and press the play button. The QDS will perform a reload of the new version and will automatically trigger the distribution. Nothing else needs to be done (apart from error checking, but that's a different story)

If this is a new version that you want to publish side-by-side with the previous version, make sure the new version has a new different from the old one. Then copy the new version in the same place als the old one.

In QMC->Source Documents (or User Documents if you don't have a Publisher), locate'n'select the new document in the tree on the left and add two tasks (green +-button on the far right) and set all fields on ALL tabs to exactly the same values as the fields for the original document. I don't think that this is what you want, but it's a fairly straightforward task.

Good luck,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Peter,

Thanks for the help....I do want to have the two QVWs side by side for the time being.  I do have a follow up question.  When I look on the Status tab, I was expecting those new tasks under the branch of the new QVW, but they appeared the branch of the original QVW, so now there are 4 tasks under the original QVW instead of 2 under the original QVWand 2 under the new QVW.  Is there something I missing??

Thanks again,

Torino

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, my bad.

The triggers tab (last one) of the second document should attach triggers to the second set of tasks, not the first set. Because you're creating a second task chain for just the second document.

Delete the tasks and recreate them for the second document, not the first. Attach the triggers to the jobs of the second document.

BTW how is the Reload task of the second document triggered? Schedule, manual, other task?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

The Reload starts right after a copy of the application is completed.  That's the way it is for the original, and I would like that for the new one as well.

Torino

gopalopsharma
Creator
Creator

Hello Torino,

I think now you are clear with the process of creating task for the new qvw file as well. You can link task any way you wish on QMC.

e.g.

1.  Just one chain to reload and distribute both the QVWs

QVW1--> Task1-> Task2-> Task3-> Task4 (where Task3 and 4 belong to QVW2)

or

2. Two different chains to reload and distribute them independent of each other

a. QVW1--> Task1-> Task2

b. QVW2--> Task1-> Task2

Both the links can be created by going to the Trigger tab of task and changing the "After Successful completion" drop down.

Hope this helps..