Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

New user to Qlikview

Hi, I am fairly new to Qlikview and hope somebody can help me.  Below is a example of my spreadsheet of vehicle registration and the mileage it has done for the month.  The vehicle  is put against a cost centre - which i want it to pull the cost from.  However sometimes it gets billed to the incorrect cost centre.  How can I force Qlikview to keep the cost centre that is belongs to and ignore the cost centre that it was billed to.  I Hope that makes sense and thank you in advance for your help.  

REGOCOST CENTREJun-17Jul-17Aug-17Sep-17
ABC123LINEHAUL42154421544215442154
DEF567SHORTHAUL3200320032003200
GHI456INTER-ISLAND56666566665666656666

Thanks

Fiona

5 Replies
MarcoWedel

please post your expected result as well (based on your sample data).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Use different filed names for Original Cost Center and Billed Cost Center - if you use the same names, Qlik will most likely pull data of both sorts. Make sure you use the Orig Cost Center column in your report.

Hope this helps.

balabhaskarqlik

First check that, is the data mismatch happening in Qlikview or it's data issue. Then verify the Billed Cost center data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marco

I am doing a Cost per Kilometer report - so I have the mileage and it will pull cost relating to the vehicle from our accounting package.  The problem I encounter is the Customer allocates the vehicle to a certain cost centre, however sometimes people bill cost to the incorrect cost centre.  So what I am finding is if I don't put the cost centre that it was billed to it is not picking up the cost - and therefore having to have two entries of the vehicle registration sitting in two different cost centres.  In below example - how can I force qlikview to push the cost and mileage (even though billed incorrectly) to Linehaul.  I hope that makes sense - I am sorry if I can't explain it better. 

Rego               Cost Centre          June-17          July-17          Aug-17

ABC123          Linehaul               42154                                   42154

ABC123          Shorthaul                                   42154             42154

Thank you

Fiona

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try like this.

Data_Temp:

CrossTable(Month_Temp, Data, 2)

LOAD *

FROM

[308494.xlsx]