Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Newbie question - creating a list box that does not cause filtering ...

Hi,

I am new to QlikView so I apologise for the simple questions!

I am trying to build a list box based on a set of values from a field. However, I do not want these to filter the data.

I want to create the ability do a "Did these actions but not these actions" type of query, hence the second "did not do these" needs to find data who, obviously, do not have these values.

Any pointers please?

Thanks
Mark

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If the field is not linked to the rest of your dataset, it will not filter. You could accomplish this by doing a second load of the data that needs this functionality.

I am a little confused by your paragraph describing what you want to create. Could you give an example? What would the non-filtering field be doing and why would users be clicking on it?

yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can achieve that using "set analysis" formulas. For example :

a) select "do" actions list and save them in a bookmark named "A"

b) select "not do" action list and save them in a bookmark named "B"

(you may also replace A by BM01 and B by BM02 if you don't have other bookmarks)

c) then use this formula (in a text object, or a tab) :

= Count( {$*(Document\A-Document\B)} id_person)

this will give you the number of persons having done actions in A but not actions in B.

nb : until QV release 9, make sure to select actions list with the mouse, not searching them by text input.

Not applicable
Author

A quick example? Of course ...

I have a list of users who have exhibited various actions on a website e.g. "Looked at product","Added to Basket" and "Purchased Product".

So, a user may have 3 records, 2 for "Looked at Product" and 1 "Added to Basket".

I want to show users who have only "Looked at Product" and "Added to Basket" but not "Purchased Product".

Using standard filtering, if I selent "Looked at Product" and "Added to Basket", I will get people who not only "Purchased Product" but also people who did not "Purchased Product".

Is that clear?!?!

Kind regards
Mark