Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join “Do More With Qlik” with Mike Tarallo to get a first-hand look at the New Authoring Experience, June 29th: REGISTER HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amber2000
Creator
Creator

Newly developed report is not visible to other users in the webbrowser

Hi everybody,

I developed a new report under de map:

C:\Qlikview Storage\ Private Data

I want Users to test the lay-out and functionalities, the users have an Assigned Call.

They are directed through an access point to the webbrowser.

I copy my new report to the directory where all the other reports stand (who are already visible for them)

C:\QlikView Storage\Public Data\Server Documents\

When I open the webbrowser then I can see my new report but the other users can't see it.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix this please?

Kind regards,

Monique

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amber2000
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi guys,

I found it , it was a report property security setting.

qvw --> properties --> Tab Security --> advanced --> Tab Permissions: Add --> Select a principal --> Locations

There is a directory with sub folders and the location that was filled in came from the bottom folder.

I changed the location to the top folder and then I could add the missing principle.

Thanks a lot for trying

View solution in original post

6 Replies
willbleksem
Contributor III
Contributor III

kaushiknsolanki

Hi,

Check if they are included in the security tab of the QVW file.

Right click on QVW -> Properties -> Security Tab.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Regards,
Kaushik
If reply is satisfactory, please "Like" the post.
If reply is solution, please mark as "Correct".
amber2000
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Wilson,

I've looked at the thread and all my settings are the same.

If it where only that simple

I took a peek in the properties of a working report and compared it with the new report.

There is a difference in the list of User rights but I don't know how to fix it.

I attached my findings in a word document.

amber2000
Creator
Creator
Author

This is the document where I describe what is different between the 2 reports.

amber2000
Creator
Creator
Author

There is a difference between the reports, I've described it in the word document with screenshots.

amber2000
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi guys,

I found it , it was a report property security setting.

qvw --> properties --> Tab Security --> advanced --> Tab Permissions: Add --> Select a principal --> Locations

There is a directory with sub folders and the location that was filled in came from the bottom folder.

I changed the location to the top folder and then I could add the missing principle.

Thanks a lot for trying