Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

No sheets visible and triggers not working

Hi There,

I have an enormous problem.

I have a QLikView file which opens every morning (via a Windows batch file). The QV file has multiple OnOpen triggers. These triggers all run macros.

Recently, and intermittently, the file will open but the sheets at the top are not visible, and the triggers also just do not work. So it is just stuck on the "home page" of the QV file and none of the macros execute.

I will then close and open the file and the issue persists. The only workaround seems to be to toggle the web view button - switching it on will then show the sheets, and when I switch it back off the sheets are stuill visible and the triggers suddenly kick off.

The sheets do not have conditional shows on them...

Any idea what could cause this? This is a HUGE problem since this QV document is used by clients, and the macros create excel reports which are sent to all the "big shots". This is embarrassing for me and I have no idea why it is happening.

Please help,

Gerhard

5 Replies
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Has anyone ever seen this before? Please can soneome assist?

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

What type of macros you are using in your document?

Try to save the file with webview mode off and try to rerun it.

HTH

Sushil

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I use three OnOpen triggers that run a macro each. To Reload, Save and then Quit the document. Problem is that when this problem happens, they never run at all - the File is just "stuck" on the main sheet.

The file has webview off by default - I never use it and never save it with webview on. I only toggle it off and back on when this problem occurs, because that seems to then kick off the macros.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

ok..

first of all disable the trigger and see if your qvw is working or not..

Then try to enable trigger one by one and see where and when you are getting problem..

this way you can analyize your issue..

or else if it is possible to share the app and batch file then post it..

HTH

Sushil

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sushil,

Okay I will try this - problem is that this only happens once every 10 or 15 times. It works perfectly for a week or 2 and then does this - and I need to reload and provide my clients with this file every morning before 9AM.

This file is opened via Powershell, which runs from Task Scheduler every morning. The funny thing is that I have other QLikView modules where I use these exact same triggers (to Reload, Save and Quit), and they have never had this issue.

Unfortunately I cannot share this file.

I will keep playing around - thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

G