Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amilafdo
Creator
Creator

Not Overwrite Existing Qlikview (.QVW) File

Hi All,

I have take the .qvw file backup & add some sheet after that I have overwrite the existing file with the modify .qvw file. if I open & reload manually it is fine & newly added sheet is there. however if I reload from 'Qlikview Management Console' newly added sheet is missing. is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Amila

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Containers doesn't exist in QV9.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

For this after you save your file then you need to delete other files from the same folder with your application name except qvw file.

It could be .meta,.pgo,.shared.

Then run the app from QMC.

Let me know if it fixes.

Regards

ASHFAQ

amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi ASHFAQ,

I have tried with deleting those files & remove the file directory path and add.

but still same problem is there. I heard there is a XML file which is keep older data. but I don't know how to find the path.

Thanks

Amila

amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

End users are connecting to the source folder. Overwrite the .QVW file after stopping the QV services.

for your earlier reply I have deleted .meta & .shared from same folder with application name. but I couldn't find the .pgo file with the same folder. I have deleted .pgo from root folder.

Thanks

Amila

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Does it work for you?

You can even try by deleting content form root folder Including your qvw file.

Regards

ASHFAQ

amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Still problem is there.

Thanks

Amila

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Amila,

Are you using Section Access in qvw? If yes then try to do changes with Admin and then check.

Regards,

Tom

amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. how can I find whether I am using 'Section Access'. I am new one for the Qlikview. I have one local admin account.

Thanks

Amila

amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tony,

You mean (Section Access; LOAD ACCESS User iD & Password). if yes I am not using Section Access.

Thanks

Amila