Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amilafdo
Creator
Creator

Not Overwrite Existing Qlikview (.QVW) File

Hi All,

I have take the .qvw file backup & add some sheet after that I have overwrite the existing file with the modify .qvw file. if I open & reload manually it is fine & newly added sheet is there. however if I reload from 'Qlikview Management Console' newly added sheet is missing. is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Amila

25 Replies
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

try to save file and copy and replace with previous existing file.

hope it helps

amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tony,

Desktop version is 10.

Thanks

Amila

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Containers doesn't exist in QV9.

amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi All,

I got good idea from the forum. I think it is version issue. I had earlier version QMC 10. but newly installed 9. when I reload from the QMC the container object dropped. I have installed  client version 9 & 11 to local machine. 11 only show the Container object.

Specially thanks for the Tony & others for the support

Thanks

Amila

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Try to install QV10 in your new server and check.

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Amila,

Go to the Access point and remove "Remove last document state".

As per my understanding u r QVW is showing fine results when u open in QV desktop edition but u face problem in Access point it is showing old data.So go to Access point

find u r .qvw file on Right hand side u find a + symbol click on that symbol and click on "Remove last document state".

and now u can Reload data in QV management console then u get fresh data to end users.

Note:- before this process u can remove that .shared .meta file in u r production location.

if u need more help i will send screen shots or else connect me on ramasaiqvw@gmail.com.

i hope it is help full.