Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccook
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Not Sending Blank Reports

Hi,

I have had a request for an alert report when data meets a certain criteria to be sent via PDF email. I have created the report, which runs every 15mins via management console, however most of the time the report is blank (which is correct) but the user would only like the report to actually be sent to them when it has data.

Is there an option I'm missing for a conditional send etc, any advice appreciated?

Cheers,

Dean

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mccook
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Resolved

I added the email address as a field associated to the data and when there was no data to send, there was no email address to send it to.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
avinashelite

Hi Dean,

In script check whether the data is empty or not and store it in the variable. Based on this value try to send the report.

use filesize function to check the size.

mccook
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Avinash,

Thanks.

The app always has data however sometimes the data does not meet the report criteria and therefore the report is blank. I have a variable that tells me if the report has data or not, but can't find a way of stopping the report if there is no data. Seems to be report on or report off but no conditional field to say report on when my variable says Y etc...

Cheers,

Dean

mccook
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Resolved

I added the email address as a field associated to the data and when there was no data to send, there was no email address to send it to.