Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Not able to send email from QV desktop

Hello Experts,

I am facing an issue in sending email from QV 11.2 SR15 , initially it was giving me an error message ,please check the attachment. Now I change the email address from which we are sending but now it is not giving me error message . It is not sending email although the pop in the alert mail is working fine only mail is not going.

Thank you

Regards

Ferha Sharma

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not being able to send email and not getting a message about what goes wrong is extremely difficult to diagnose.

About the screenshot however, a few things can be said. Please verify them all:

• Is the sender email address an email address that is known to the email hosting service? OR did you invent it yourself? To test, change it into a known email address (yours for example) and try again.
  • Has your email domain been put on a blacklist, or have have you sent a few too many emails using this sender address?
  • Are you allowed to send email through standard port 25? These days, most hosting services require a secured connection (SSL, TLS, etc.)

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not being able to send email and not getting a message about what goes wrong is extremely difficult to diagnose.

About the screenshot however, a few things can be said. Please verify them all:

• Is the sender email address an email address that is known to the email hosting service? OR did you invent it yourself? To test, change it into a known email address (yours for example) and try again.
  • Has your email domain been put on a blacklist, or have have you sent a few too many emails using this sender address?
  • Are you allowed to send email through standard port 25? These days, most hosting services require a secured connection (SSL, TLS, etc.)

Best,

Peter

marcus_sommer

Another point, unfortunately not visible in your screenshot is the used authentication. If I use an authentication it didn't work and I get error-messages (I'm not sure how similar they was to yours) but if choose none authentication it worked fine (I assume the reason for this behaviour is that I'm already authenticated and if I try to authenticate again it is denied).

- Marcus