Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not working bookmarks in Publisher tasks

I have a task in QlikView Publisher which prints a pdf report containing some pivot tables. For most of the table I have to apply the bookmark_1 but a couple of them need to use the bookmark_2. What I've done is to apply a reduce on bookmark_1 to all the document and to force the bookmark_2 only on the two tables, using the synthax {bookmark_2} in their dimensions and expressions. The results is that if I print the report manually inside qlikview it works, however the report obtained from the task has the bookmark_1 applied to every table, included the bookmark_2 ones.

If a task has a reduce on a bookmark, it looks like it wins on every other bookmarks applied locally to the objects.

Is there any workarounf for this? Thanks.

7 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Indeed reduce does that. It has to do with data security so it is applied over all other bookmarks. But why use reduce? Why don't you use Bookmark_1 in the expressions needed and bookmark_2 in the rest?

Not applicable
Author

I would have many tables to modify in that case. The tables with bookmark_1 are the majority while the ones with bookmark_2 are only two. That's why I applied the bookmark_1 to all the document and the bookmark_2 only to the specific tables.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

What if you apply the bookmark_1 on all the report? You can do that from report options

Reports --> Settings --> Selections

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

I've just tried it, this time I got the two tables with bookmark_2 correctly, but not all the others (which don't have any bookmarks applied on).

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

That can't be. Did you select bookmark_1 in the settings or bookmark_2? It should be 1

Not applicable
Author

Problem solved. Thank you.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Please close this discussion as solved. Thank you.