Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Null Values in straight table

Hello Qlikview experts,

I am having a little bit of a problem with one of my qlikview charts.

The chart is a straight table, it has several dimensions and expressions. All the dimensions have Suppress when value is null checked.

When i complete loading this chart there are still simensions where the value of the dimension is null.

I went into the presentation tab and made sure that i supress null values for each dimension but this still does not effect the chart i am building.

I am unsure as to how i can eliminate it from my chart. Is there anything i am missing or something i misunderstood

Any help in this regard would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Sai

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you sure its null (should have a small negative '-' sign if its a null dimension) or do you have a white space which makes you think its null?

Not applicable
Author

I tried using isnull function on that particular field when i select that value from the list box.

it returns 0 representing it is not null.

I tried finding the length of it and it shows the length to be 0.

i figured it might be something with just space and tried to trim the extra spaces.

but i am at a loss. If it is not null or does not have any spaces there then how do i get a value out of it.

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

if you Feel those are NULL values try to replace it with NA value and confirm it, whether those values are NULLs or not?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Not applicable
Author

I am afraid i cannot be sharing the application.

sunny_talwar

May be in the script use KeepChar()

KeepChar(FieldName, 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789') as FieldName

May be add special character if you field have them, else you can leave them.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could try changing each dimension into a Calculated Dimension  by entering an expression like:

=IF (len(trim(ThisDimensionField)) > 0, ThisDimensionField)

which will convert all empty string-values and strings containing only whitespace into real NULL values that get suppressed by your marking the "Suppress When Value is Null" checkbox.