Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manh_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Number format changed when sent to Excel

Dear Qlik Community,

Since updating to QlikView 12 November from (QV 11.20) I have the problem that the number format completely changes when exporting to Excel.

ExportToExcel.pngExportToExcel1.png

Excel Export:

ExportToExcel2.png

Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Kind Regards,

Manh

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How you are exporting?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this chart created in QV!1? if yes can you re-create the chart and check once

Or
MVP
MVP

In addition to re-creating the chart as suggested by Hari, you could try explicitly formatting the expression using Num(YourExpression,'#,##0.00') - set it back to expression default and see if that works correctly.

manh_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, I'm exporting via the Excel Export Button.

manh_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

No this was created in QV 12.20.

manh_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

This is unfortunately not an option for my customer. This would lead to too many changes on their part. This was just a Demo Application from my side showing that QV 12.20 has issues with this even on the simplest level and with a native 12.20 Application.

Or
MVP
MVP

Ah, now the issue is clear. You listed it as being version 11.2, but you actually meant 12.2 - I read the number and not the text.

There's at least one formatting-export bug in 12.2, and this may be another one. I'd suggest you downgrade to 12.1 and see if that solves your problem.

manh_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Ok thank you that seems to be the only way.

nboccassini
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I've solved with:

Num#(Num(field,'format'))