Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manh_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Number format changed when sent to Excel

Dear Qlik Community,

Since updating to QlikView 12 November from (QV 11.20) I have the problem that the number format completely changes when exporting to Excel.

ExportToExcel.pngExportToExcel1.png

Excel Export:

ExportToExcel2.png

Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Kind Regards,

Manh

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How you are exporting?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this chart created in QV!1? if yes can you re-create the chart and check once

Or
MVP
MVP

In addition to re-creating the chart as suggested by Hari, you could try explicitly formatting the expression using Num(YourExpression,'#,##0.00') - set it back to expression default and see if that works correctly.

manh_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, I'm exporting via the Excel Export Button.

manh_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

No this was created in QV 12.20.

manh_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

This is unfortunately not an option for my customer. This would lead to too many changes on their part. This was just a Demo Application from my side showing that QV 12.20 has issues with this even on the simplest level and with a native 12.20 Application.

Or
MVP
MVP

Ah, now the issue is clear. You listed it as being version 11.2, but you actually meant 12.2 - I read the number and not the text.

There's at least one formatting-export bug in 12.2, and this may be another one. I'd suggest you downgrade to 12.1 and see if that solves your problem.

manh_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Ok thank you that seems to be the only way.

nboccassini
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I've solved with:

Num#(Num(field,'format'))