Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC - DSN conexion Overwrite

Hi all,

I have a doubt about the conexion with ODBC.

I'm currently developing a document that connects to DB2 DB. I have the ODBC configured but, i want to know if is possible to overwrite with Qlik the DSN parameters of an existing ODBC (Database, hostname, port, protocol....).

Thanks in advance.

BR Ivan.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ivan,

If i got you right, You are saying ODBC configured in your system and you are trying to use same ODBC connection in Qlik, If this is the question , the answer is YES, When you go to script writer and create a new connection then you will find your ODBC connection name there , just select it and connect to the data source.

Note: There is some bug with 3.0.0 or higher, Please use lower version as Qlik 2.0.0 or higher and less than 3.0.0.

Its better create a system DSN and then you can work with Qlik Sense 3.0.0 too.

Please mark my comment Helpful!

Not applicable
Author

Hi rohitkumar1609‌,

It's not the problem i have. I trying to modify an existing DSN on ODBC configuration to customize his parameters.

The scenario are this; I, have a XML that includes the username and password, and i want to add the hostname, the database, the protocol, port...

And the question is that is possible to modify this parameters from Qlik instead of Windows ODBC manager for a existing DSN:

Sin título.png

Thanks for the reply!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for explaining the problem in details, In my understanding , If you configure something in windows , Qlik or any other third party tool can't over write it, Lets talk about Microsoft SQL server ODBC connection, It just gives a string like:

LIB CONNECT TO 'Microsoft_SQL_Server_13.76.44.255'

here there is no script forms when you use existing created ODBC connection.

But your question is quite impressive. Its like Rest Connector does all the things but where we need ODBC I donot think REST works there. I will come back to you if I will get any solution