Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OLE DB provider for Oracle : error ORA-06413: Connection not open

Hi,

i'm trying to connect to an Oracle Database. Qlikview 64bits, Windows server 2008.

I manage to connect with SQL Plus to that database, but it doesn't work in Qlikview. The error is 'ORA-06413: Connection not open'when i try to connect.

I really don't know what's wrong.

=> I do 'force 32 bits' / connec 'OLE DB provider for Oracle', and then my database informations (which are good, I can connect with SQLPlus).

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

OK problem resolved.

The problem was the path of the qvconnect32.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView.

The bug is solved in Oracle Client 10.2.0.2 so I installed this version of client Oracle and it works.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

anyone to help me ? I really don't know where to search...thanks

Not applicable
Author

I found something that might be the cause : there are some executables (like 'qvconnect32.exe') wich are installed in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView'. There is a bug in Oracle (fixed in 10.2.0.2, but I can't install this version right now), wich doesn't accept caracters like '(' or ')' in the path.

Can I replace those executables in another path without desinstalling Qlikview Server ? Or another solution ?

Not applicable
Author

OK problem resolved.

The problem was the path of the qvconnect32.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView.

The bug is solved in Oracle Client 10.2.0.2 so I installed this version of client Oracle and it works.