Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradeepvaddirbc
Contributor
Contributor

OLEDB connection error in Windows 2012 SR2 Server QlikView

Hi Greetings,

While connecting to SQL server from Qlikview 11.2 Windows 2012 SR12  getting below error, and help me to resolve it.

Error: ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: The server principal "qlikview" is not able to access the database "Client_Submission" under the current security context.

Attached the error screenshot. 

Thanks in advance.

/PR

Labels (4)
2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @pradeepvaddirbc 

This is not a QLik product related issue, have you tried to connect to the DB from another client?

I found this article, hope it helps:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mdegre/2010/08/28/the-server-principal-sqlloginname-is-not-able-...

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Pradeep, Nadia was correct in her post, were you able to sort out the root cause?  If so, please consider posting what it was, and you can then mark that as the solution as well using the Accept as Solution button after you post things to let others know what it was.  

Based upon the screenshot, it would appear things were wanting a secure connection, and I am guessing there was a missing client certificate etc. that was needed to be installed on the machine from which you were trying to make the connnection...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.