Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

OLEDB: snapshot too old: rollback segment too small

Hi,

I keep getting the same error message. I am loading each month of the data with a where statement an do create a seperate QVD per month. Some of them are working ok while some month trow this error message:

Error: ErrorSource: OraOLEDB, ErrorMsg: ORA-0155: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 11 with Name "_SYSSMU11_3849636359" too small

Tobias

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That is something you should show your local friendly Oracle Database Administrator. The error occurs on the database server, not in Qlikview. See this article for more information: www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_01555_snapshot_old.htm

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Gysbert, I think this will help to solve the problem

Not applicable

HI!

Have you obtained any resolution to this yet?

Thanks,
K

tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

no this was with the customer, whom I told about the link above. Rightnow they are not investigating any further because it does not occur with my Delta load... 😞

Not applicable

So, shall i also suggest our customer that we can perform one full extract load during off peak hours and post then incremental load? Would this resolve the issue?

-

Thanks,

K

tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi, it might do it. I don't do any full loads any more since the past months are already stored in QVDs anyways. I only load the current month and do this at night time.

Not applicable

Cool...Shall try this way further.

Thanks a lot Tobias for such a quick response! Nice!

Thanks,

K