Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OMIT

Hi

I have an issue with OMIT functionality on Qlikview 9 SR5. I have some user groups in section access that I want to OMIT certain fields from. The funny thing is this. It works fine when I OMIT only one field for the group. If I add a second field then the users in this group are denied access to the application. Other users can still log in. The fields that I am omitting are measure fields on a fact table. The model is a straightforward star schema. Has anyone seen this behaviour before and if so did you find a solution.

Kind Regards,

Footsie

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

follow this link for a short demo:

http://community.qlik.com/media/p/70273.aspx

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for the feedback. My script is set up in the same way as the demo you referred to. The issue is something else but I am fast runningout of things to try.

Kind Regards

Footsie

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are you using Strict Exclusion in the data reduction???

This options denies access to the users if there is no data left to show the users after exclusion.

Disable it and try.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Check the selected option  “Settings” -> “Document Properties” -> “Opening” ->Strict Exclusion:

Access to the document will be denied whenever the field values in the section access

reduction fields lack matches in their corresponding section application field.

Having this option unselected will mean that if QlikView can’t find a match to reduce

data, all data in the document will be visible on USER level. However, ADMIN will

always be able to see all data, regardless of the reduction. Best practice is to use strict

exclusion to avoid unwanted access to the QlikView document.