Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kunkulis
Creator
Creator

Odd bug with graph colors

Hello,

I am maintaining a very large QlikView application (1.5GB)
An issue occurs on selected bars. See the image 3rd row, the pale green and blue color shouldn't be, they should be yellow and red. The color is defined under the expressions option for colors. You can see that it works on some bars, but not all. bars1.PNG

Now the current fix that works, but I would not want it to be like that, is by clicking on the wrong colors. See the click one and click twoclick1.PNGclick2.PNG

Once I see the No data to display, it removes also the Application Settings which are selections that are selected as you open the application. settings.PNGOnce I put the setting to the beginning state, the colors are correct:

bars2.PNG

As you can see now the colors are correct.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? Or at least where I could look for the problem or a reason this is happening?

Labels (3)
13 Replies
Kunkulis
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your help. But it looks like the issue has come from TFS, when opening a version that hasn't been used for TFS, for that one the colors are okay, but for the current ones, the issue still exists. 
I will still investigate this in more depth, just to be sure, before accepting this as the solution

marcus_sommer

Is TFS applied on prj-folders? If yes, the problem is quite likely within the prj-feature.

- Marcus

Kunkulis
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes it is using prj-folder. Now I am looking into it, what could have caused it and if it is at fault

marcus_sommer

Maybe you could get a hint to the cause respectivelly what's different if you compares this specific object within the prj-folder and within the xml-metadata from the qvw (just open it within an editor like notepad++).

Another thought is to check if all accesses to this application happens with the same QV release and if the application and the object was created with the current release. Often a mix of the used releases worked quite smoothly and so many don't think about it - but you could never be sure that really everything worked.

- Marcus