Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

On Open Trigger in Document

Hi All,

I need your help to accomplish this task. I have Main.qvw.

User first open this Main.qvw and selects a USA button and it open another USA.qvw.  Now when this user comes back next time on Main.qvw, I would like it opens USA.qvw for user. so basically somehow remember first time selection and opening respective qvw.

I am attaching three sample qvws .. Please help...

Thanks

10 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Set the variable.

Not applicable
Author

So there is goign to be 10 countries and 100 users... How do i set the variable and will it be persistent.. Can You explain it little bit more please?  Access Point second time user opening Main.qvw and it will open his country. So same variable will be used for all suers and it will have user specific value.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, i think that you have to use variable to show and hide sheets

not use this kind of technique because you will have a lot of problems with the licences for example and what will happend if the numbers of country will increase?

i think you have change the way and technique to get a better solution

Please let me know if you need something

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

well Main.qvw is only to select country. Once user picks country and make it default then next time same country qvw should open when user clicks on Main.qvw. We have to meet this requirement.

Thx

whiteline
Master II
Master II

The variable value is stored for each user separately.

You have to store only the last user country, so that you need only one variable.

Not applicable
Author

I am not sure,, I have added 3 qvws ( very simple ) could you please show me how will you do,,, as I should be able to jump to last selected country when i click on main.qvw second time.  Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Can someone please take a look at this issue please. Variable does not seem to be working.

thx

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Add the variable and set the corresponding value with additional button triggers.

Not applicable
Author

so i set variable in Main.qvw and assign appropriate value... Next time when user open Main qvw, i should check variable value on open document trigger correct.?  so for each user this variable will have its own value and relaod will not reset variable?..  Thanks