Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

On evennt another tasks - publisher

Hi all!!!

I have 1 qvw file - Приложение.qvw

I want to reload this qvw file in to use trigger in publisher.

I want to doing A circle reload.

Reload It includes success event and failed event.

If success then load next qvw, if failed load previous qvw file

Who can help me.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe play with additional triggers and documents?

• Let's call your original documet A.
  • Create a dummy document C whose reload always succeeds (by doing nothing really in the load script.
  • Foir document C, define a task with a trigger that fires when your original document A fails.
  • Add a trigger to your document A that fires whenever the dummy document C succesfully completes a reload (in other words, always)
  • Add a trigger to the next document B that fires whenever document A does a succesful reload.

I never tried this (and I don't have a publisher on this machine). QMS may intercept circular task chains, like QV Desktop does with circular references.

And above all, I think this is a setup that cannot be decently shown in the QMC Task Status overview.

Hmmm...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I want to know how i can doing first step?. For first step not previus task.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe play with additional triggers and documents?

• Create a dummy document C whose reload always succeeds (by doing nothing really in the load script.
  • Foir document C, define a task with a trigger that fires when your original document A fails.
  • Add a trigger to your document A that fires whenever the dummy document C succesfully completes a reload (in other words, always)
  • Add a trigger to the next document B that fires whenever document A does a succesful reload.

I never tried this (and I don't have a publisher on this machine). QMS may intercept circular task chains, like QV Desktop does with circular references.

And above all, I think this is a setup that cannot be decently shown in the QMC Task Status overview.

Hmmm...

Not applicable
Author

Thank you

Peter.

Not applicable
Author

OK. i create a dummy document C, whose reload always succeeds (by doing nothing really in the load script.

AND i try define a task with a trigger that fires when your original document A fails.

BUT document A is not defined in triger window, becouse it is not use. I can choose the choose window. ! !

Not applicable
Author

!Configure Trigger C.png

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

It looks like you dont have no other task.