Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OnActivateSheet doesn't work in WebView/server

Hi everybody,

I create sheet1 with Sheet Event Triggers -> OnActivateSheet -> Clear all

and second sheet2 with button Actions -> Activate Sheet -> sheet1

but when press my button OnActivateSheet doesn't work in WebView or QlikView Server.

I've set up this in my server but still don't work.

Untitled.png

These work perfectly fine in the desktop version. However when the document is opened via the server the triggers seem to stop working.

I also created button to reload data Actions -> External -> Reload but also doesn't work in WebView or QlikView Server.

Does anyone have an idea why this don't work in the server and how to resolve problem? I use QlikView 12.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

Your best bet is to avoid using macros with QV Server. Many of the tasks can be done using Actions.

Not all macros are supported on the server especially if using Ajax.

macros not working on server

Macros are Bad

The reload Action does not work on a server.

QV Server is designed to reload on a schedule, not on user requests.

Just think how would you expect the server to respond to each user requesting a reload.

Set a schedule to reload the document at a regular interval and identify how recent the data is by adding the reloadtime() to a text box.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Colin-Albert

Your best bet is to avoid using macros with QV Server. Many of the tasks can be done using Actions.

Not all macros are supported on the server especially if using Ajax.

macros not working on server

Macros are Bad

The reload Action does not work on a server.

QV Server is designed to reload on a schedule, not on user requests.

Just think how would you expect the server to respond to each user requesting a reload.

Set a schedule to reload the document at a regular interval and identify how recent the data is by adding the reloadtime() to a text box.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Colin  for your reply.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly...

You say there is no way to create button on server which  when  I press button automatic reload data.

Did I understand you correctly?

I only can reload using QMC -> Reload Schedule?

Colin-Albert

The Reload action is not available on server apps.

There is a possibility that an extension may work for you.

Reloading QlikView Documents using the Ajax-/Mobile-Client (Triggering EDX Tasks by using a QlikView...